Breaking Barriers is a fast-paced, start-up charity with a mission to help refugees in London gain the knowledge, confidence and experience to secure stable and fulfilling employment in their new home.
We’re recruiting for a Programme Coordinator to join our Employment team to help drive forward our strategy and ensure high standards of quality and efficiency in the support we provide to clients. You will take ownership of delivery within a specific region of London and lead one or more projects or sub-programmes linked to a particular funding stream or tailored to a certain group of clients. You will manage a small team of caseworkers and/or programme assistants, enabling them to provide high-quality support to clients and coordinate the day-to-day operational activity which keeps our programmes running.
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 per year
Location: London / Greater London
Position: Permanent, Full-time
We are a fast-paced charity that prides itself on its flexibility and responsiveness so your responsibilities may change, develop and grow according to the needs and development of our programmes.
Employment Programme Delivery
- Maintain oversight of delivery within an allocated region of London.
- Work with S/EIAs to provide clients with the best support possible by ensuring logistics within delivery centres function as well as they can.
- Liaise with the Head of Programmes about budget and other financial issues relating to the delivery centre.
- Coordinate method sharing sessions with other regions, to ensure that all regions are performing at the same standard.
- Support with and implement the development of materials, standardise processes and create SOPs to improve the quality of our work.
Project and Programme Management
- Delivering sub-programmes and projects, including developing operational plans, designing activities, monitoring progress towards targets and reporting.
- Lead on internal improvements projects such as strategy development, implementing and refining processes and creating new materials.
- Manage a team of 2-3 direct reports, with the potential for your team to grow as the charity expands.
- Manage caseworkers to ensure delivery centres and sub-programmes run smoothly and ensure planned activities are delivered and targets are met.
- Mentoring and developing your team, including regular catch-ups, feedback, appraisals, and performance management.
- Lead on, or support with, the hiring of new recruits within the Employment team, and taking responsibility for the induction and training of new staff within your team.
- Represent Breaking Barriers and the Employment Programme externally.
- Conducting strategic outreach on an ongoing basis maintaining relationships with key referral partners, including local job centres.
- Develop outreach materials with the Head of Programmes and other Programme Coordinators.
- Develop the Outreach strategy and pilot new and alternative methods of outreach.
- Depending on client need, you may take responsibility for managing a small caseload of up to 15 clients, delivering quality support.
- Work with clients to assess the opportunities available and draw up support plans to get them into employment, training, or education.
- Monitor clients’ progression towards their goals and provide monthly updates on progress and agreed actions.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Breaking Barriers particularly welcomes applicants with experience of migration and/or a refugee background.