Since launching in 2015, Breaking Barriers has published annually how many of our clients have successfully entered employment. However, we could not precisely estimate how much more likely a client was to get a job because of Breaking Barriers’ support. This report is the first attempt to explore this question.
We used statistical modelling to explore how Breaking Barriers’ one-to-one support sessions impact the probability of refugees entering employment. Ultimately, our aim is to address the complex challenge of refugee unemployment by providing holistic front-line support, while working towards long-term systemic change for refugees in the UK.
In the report you can find out more about:
- How refugee clients access our support – from enrolment and all different types of support.
- How we deliver support across our employment, education, and skills-building programmes.
- Our one-to-one model and the vital role employment advisers and volunteers play in providing this support.
- More detail on the statistical modelling approach we’ve used to predict the probability of refugees entering employment with or without Breaking Barriers support.
- And our research findings about the impact of the Breaking Barriers one-to-one model.