We’re excited to announce that Breaking Barriers is going to be welcoming refugees into meaningful employment in Glasgow and Liverpool by offering its one-to-one employment advice and guidance, education, and training support in these new regions from Autumn 2023.
Building on our experience of supporting refugees in London, Greater Manchester, and Birmingham we want to support more refugees in more areas of the UK to find meaningful employment.
We know there is a significant need in both Glasgow and Liverpool as major UK cities with substantial refugee communities that need support to move towards their employment goals and build a new life in the UK.
We’ll offer refugees and people of refugee backgrounds the following support:
- One-to-one support delivered by our employment and integration advisers and skilled volunteers to support clients’ progress towards career goals.
- Language and skills-based courses for a variety of different levels of English and IT/digital skills
- Workshops, mentoring and work experience to build employability skills.
- Access to job and training opportunities provided by our network of corporate partners.
- Tailored support for specific sectors, skills, or client groups (e.g., in-work support, or support to access higher education)
- Access to grants and digital devices.
We’re looking forward to developing relationships with the existing refugee services in these areas and will be flexible with our support so we can work collaboratively with sector partners and refugee communities to create the most impact.
The first step in setting up our new programmes in Glasgow and Liverpool is establishing our new teams in these regions.
We are recruiting for a Senior Programme Manager in Glasgow and a Programme Manager in Liverpool and more information about the roles and working for Breaking Barriers can be found on our Work with us pages.