One Donation, TWICE the Impact | 2021 Big Give Christmas Challenge: Rebuilding Refugee Lives through Work
It’s the most wonderful time of the year again – it’s Big Give Christmas Challenge time! We are delighted to have been selected to take part in the Big Give Christmas Challenge for the third year in a row.
This means that from 30th November to 7th December, all donations to Breaking Barriers’ Big Give Christmas Challenge Appeal will be DOUBLED, meaning your donation will have TWICE the impact towards helping refugees rebuild their lives through employment. This year, you’ll be hearing from Abdulrahman, Kemi and Sherehan, who are incredible BB clients sharing their experiences about moving to the UK and the support they received from Breaking Barriers.
You’re DOUBLED donation can support our employment programme in a number of ways, all of which will make a real difference to the lives of refugees living in London – and in our new locations of Birmingham and Manchester.
- A donation of £20 will be DOUBLED to £40, which could pay the travel expenses of 8 clients travelling to access our support in person through our new pilot
- A donation of £200 will be DOUBLED to £400, which could fund one volunteer mentor to attend safeguarding training to provide tailored support to our young and underemployed clients
- A donation of £750 will be DOUBLED to £1500, which could fully reimburse the travel expenses for clients who prefer face-to-face employment support for two months
- A donation of £1500 will be DOUBLED to £3000, could fund the delivery of 2 digital skills workshop which will support 20-30 clients
- A donation of £2000 will be DOUBLED to £4000, which could fund an employment adviser to fully support 16 clients digitally with tailored, 1:1 advice and guidance for a year.
This week we are asking for your support in helping us to raise £15,000 – which will be DOUBLED to achieve our £30,000 campaign target. Your contribution to this year’s Big Give campaign comes at a critical time for refugee communities in the UK. All funds raised from the appeal will go towards expanding, developing, and delivering our award-winning employment support to over 500 refugee clients – including welcoming and supporting newly-arrived Afghan citizens who have been forced to flee the Taliban, and expanding our services to Birmingham and Greater Manchester. Our previous Big Give campaigns have been successful thanks to our Breaking Barriers community of supporters and volunteers. This year we have no doubt that together we can achieve this again! We believe that every refugee in the UK can fulfil their potential and integrate into their new home through employment that matches their skills, experience, and aspirations. So please, donate to our Big Give Christmas Challenge Appeal to make a real difference in the lives of refugees. One donation, twice the impact! Click here to donate to Breaking Barriers via the Big Give