Emma has been using her knowledge as a lawyer to help refugees break into the legal sector.
Employment foundation volunteers help clients build a strong base of employment and job-related knowledge, so they can go into the job market with confidence and increased independence. Volunteers and clients work one-on-one to complete our structured employment foundations course.
My passion for many years has been to mentor and coach people. I love to learn and I believe in continuous growth to keep your skills fresh and your mind active.
Sabrina – advice and guidance volunteer
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent/native level of English
- Knowledge of the UK job market
- Reliability and flexibility
- Access to Zoom
- Alignment with Breaking Barriers’ mission and values
- Desirable: an additional language including Arabic, Ukrainian Farsi/Dari,
Tigrinya, Amharic, Pashto.
- We also ask that volunteers can provide two references.
- The Commitment for this role is 2-4 1.5 hour session per month for a minimum commitment of 3-6 months
Benefits to the volunteer:
- Make a genuine impact on the lives of people from a refugee background
- Training and support provided, related to refugees and employment practices.
- Be part of a new, innovative charity which is developing all the time.